Saturday, May 28, 2016

May 17, 2016 Day 11:
Today was another day I was looking forward to; the company visit to PPG.  When we arrived to the visit, it wasn't really anything to look at.  I didn't care, I was to work at PPG one day and I was ready to learn everything they have to say.  We heard an introduction about the company from a man named Axel, as well as Marcus, who visited us in Pittsburgh.  After the presentation, we got to see the color innovation show room and lab.  These two rooms were my favorite, as I love color.  the first room was a display room to show the colors for the 2019 market of cars.  Of course, the glittery ones caught my eye and I took a liking to those.  The next room contained the color library which contained about 3500 color swatches.  When he pulled out the hanging drawers of swatches, I just stood there and smiled.  They all glittered and glimmered and threw light around in so many ways.  I just wanted to go through all the drawers and see all the colors and the basic foundations of all of them.
Next, we went to a lab to see what it looked like.  Of course, it smelled like paint, but it was still cool to see.  The worker's offices were in the lab, which I thought was odd since so much could go wrong in the lab.
We didn't do much else with the group once we left PPG.  However, my group for the presentation did meet at Lucie's (a German student) flat to work on the presentation together.  This was a fun bonding experience, and I feel like we got a lot done for our presentation.
I was just excited to finally visit PPG, and I am excited to see if my future takes me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment